Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.

Psalm 68:5-6

Thursday, January 5, 2012

No Idea

I wish I could sit here today and write an awesome post about how we are heading to Haiti for our court date, how quickly the process is moving and so on and so forth. But I can't. I don't have any news at all about our adoption process. I get asked several times a week the famous question, "when are you going to bring Esther home?". I want more than anything to be able to answer that question but the truth is we have no idea. I think that is the worst part. Waiting is hard but having no idea how long we are going to wait is even harder. I'm a bit discouraged this week. I know that God has a perfect plan and that Esther will come home in His timing. I really do believe that. It is still so very hard to wait day after day knowing that there is absolutely nothing I can do to hurry the process along. So very hard is an understatement. There is nothing I can do to bring my baby girl home where she belongs. Waiting and praying. Seems like we're doing a lot of that around here lately. We knew it was going to be a long process before we began. We fully understood that with our minds and had accepted that in our hearts. Everything changed after we found out about our daughter, saw her picture, held her in our arms, spent a few weeks with her... our hearts were no longer ok with the length of the process. We were no longer just talking about adopting "a child" but we were now talking about bringing Esther home, our daughter whom we had bonded with, hugged, kissed, rocked to sleep. Our baby who we love more than words can describe. It's now a whole different story. My heart hurts every day. Please pray that our file will move through IBESR, the president will sign it and we will get a court date soon so that we can proceed with the remainder of the process. Thank you to those of you who lift our family up to the Lord. We are truly grateful for your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I know how hard it is. The waiting, the not knowing, the desire for some news, any news, about progress being made.

    Not much I can say but know I am praying for you!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete