Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.

Psalm 68:5-6

Friday, December 23, 2011

Bring on the Christmas Celebration!!!

I'm so excited for all the Christmas festivities that have already begun! I love seeing Christmas through the eyes of a 2 year old. What fun!!! I'm hoping that I will experience the blessing of watching two 3 year olds share in the Christmas joy together next year. My emotions are just a little bit crazy as of late. One moment my heart is smiling and the very next I can almost feel it breaking a little more.

Although the hussle and bussle of the Christmas season has helped keep my mind occupied at least for the majority of the time. We finished all the holiday grocery shopping yesterday... received a couple wonderful blessings that allowed us to do so! Gavin and I made Happy Birthday cupcakes for Jesus this morning... oh what fun! He frosted them while singing "Happy Birthday to baby Jesus"... it was sweet:) Daddy and Gavin are going to make cookie dough tonight so that we can make cookies for Santa tomorrow. And perhaps we'll find a Christmas movie to watch before bed:)

Christmas Eve will be busy busy busy! Our dear friends are coming over for a Christmas Eve brunch in the morning. Dana loves to cook and is very excited about preparing the meal. My parents & brother are coming over in the afternoon to celebrate! Much cooking to do in between the 2 visits. Family, lots of yummy food, presents, cookies & milk... I can hardly wait:) Let's just hope Gavin doesn't eat too much junk so he can actually fall asleep after Mimi, Papa & Uncle Billy go home!

Christmas day is filled with more excitement! Of course Santa will have many surprises for our tiny tot:) Can't wait to see his face! We will be traveling a short ways to have Christmas lunch with my Dad's side of the family. Aunts, uncles, cousins... so fun! Gavin keeps asking me to name everyone that will be there... it takes awhile but he likes to hear all about what we're going to do and who we're going to see.

We will spend Christmas Evening with Dana's Aunt, Uncle and cousins. More yummy food and good fellowship! Gavin is excited to bring his birthday cupcakes for Jesus with us so we can have a birthday party:) I'm hoping he will be so wore out from all the festivities that he will sleep in on Monday morning... his late Christmas gift to me:)

Just thinking about all that is to come this weekend makes me tired! But bring it on... we're ready to celebrate!!!!

Merry Christmas to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment