Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.

Psalm 68:5-6

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Haiti Highlights

It's been awhile since I have blogged.  I returned home from Haiti on December 6th and am just now getting around to blogging about our trip. Life has been a bit crazy around here lately! It was so wonderful to hold my baby girl again. I don't know that she remembered me but she didn't hesitate to come right to me. Those first few moments are always so precious. She didn't want to let go... neither did I:)


And then Mom met her for the first time... tears and laughter! She thought she was so beautiful:)


Esther was doing a lot better this time compared to my past 2 visits. She was walking around which was wonderful to see! She was happier and more independent. She also had a good appetite! She did have a cold with quite a bad cough and some type of head fungus (lovely) but her overall health seemed to have improved quite a bit. She weighs 19lbs and is 30" long. She wears 12-18 month clothes and a size 4 shoe. A little peanut!

She has a new caretaker now named Magdala. She helps out in the kitchen at the orphanage and cares for Esther and another little girl named Siliana. Esther sleeps in Magdala's room with Siliana and several older girls. Their room was nicely decorated and clean. She still had many of the toys and blankets I had brought to her in previous trips. That was nice to see:)

Siliana & Esther

Magdala, Esther's new caretaker, on the left.


We celebrated Esther's 2nd birthday while we were in Haiti. What a pretty princess she was! Thanks to Mimi we had a lovely little party:)

Birthday Princess:)

Mimi's Decorations

Sweet Baby Girl

Cousins:)

Love this!

She loved to play peek-a-boo. It was too cute! Every time I would lay her down to change her diaper she would start saying "peep-a-boo":) She would also say "I lub you", "MaMa", "Mimi", "Papa" and "Jean Marie":)


                     More stories and pictures to come... hopefully in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment