Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.

Psalm 68:5-6

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

24 Hours

We will be on a plane heading to Haiti in 24 hours.... yikes! I have been super excited anticipating this day for the past 5 months but now I must admit I am also very nervous. I always seem to get this way shortly before leaving. I'll be so happy when both of my babies are finally in the same country. That way I won't have to keep saying "goodbye" to one or the other. That is the hardest part!

Esther's not old enough to anticipate our arrival so I have no idea how she will react. In the past she has come right to me and warmed up fairly quickly. I'm wondering if she will do the same this time. I wonder if she will remember me at all... somehow I doubt it after 5 months. That is a long time for a little one. I hope she still likes me!

Please pray for my mom and I to have a safe trip to Haiti and back. We appreciate all of your support and prayers. And thanks to all of you who are helping to look out for Dad, Dana & Gavin while we're gone! Hopefully they will all behave themselves:)

Sweet baby girl.... Mommy is coming!!!

24 hours!!!

4 comments:

  1. We are all praying for you here in NC! Give your sweet baby kisses from us . . . love you! Laura, Dave, Sam & Liam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela-
    I totally know how you are feeling. I was so nervous this last time, wondering if Shaina would remember me and like me this time. It had been 6 months for me. Luckily, she did remember me and warmed up to me right away! I am sure sweet Esther will do the same for you! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that's the case with us this time too:)

    ReplyDelete