Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.

Psalm 68:5-6

Monday, November 14, 2011

Story of My Life

I was singing Gavin a made up song tonight about all the things I was doing 12 hours ago, did all day long and somehow was still doing... like wiping noses, changing diapers, doing dishes, folding laundry, cooking meals, cleaning up toys, sweeping the floor, letting the dog out, fishing bouncy balls out from under the fridge in order to avoid a crisis situation, etc.... you know all the things a Mommy does a bajillion times a week and continues to do over and over again for who knows how long!?!? Dana and I were laughing about it as I sang and of course Gavin thought it was a hoot:) The song was funny but it was actually the story of my life... ya, I know... not that exciting or adventurous although apparently entertaining to my family! The mundane tasks of every day life as a Mommy... not thinking I could captivate an audience rambling on about that topic for long:) It may not be a glamorous life but it's my life. Although it is just plain exhausting some days, I simply wouldn't want it any other way. The house is quiet right now. Dana went to bible study and Gavin went to Mimi & Papa's to play. I am thoroughly enjoying the peace but am thankful for the reminder that the silence brings... the reminder of how much I really do love hearing little feet running up and down the hallway:)

17 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment