Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.

Psalm 68:5-6

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Forever Loved by Both of Us

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just a few short weeks away! I've been thinking about how blessed I am to have family to gather with and share the blessings of our lives. I've also been thanking God for the blessing of our children. Being called "Mommy" is one of the greatest blessings of all!

Esther's birth mother has also been on my mind lately. I thank God for her. I love her even though we have never met. Our lives will forever be connected. We will always share the joy and pain, although in different ways, of being Mommy to beautiful Esther. Something I will never share with anyone else. I don't know much of anything about her, although I wish I did. The little that we do know we will keep to ourselves to share with Esther privately when the time is right. I am so thankful that she chose to give Esther the gift of life. I'm also thankful that she loved Esther so much that she chose to give her the gift of adoption in hopes that she would have a better life. I wonder if she knows what wonderful gifts she gave to her daughter. I wonder if she understands what an intricate roll she has played and will play in her daughter's life. I hope she knows that Esther will always be told that she has two Mommies. She will always know that she was loved first by her birth Mommy, second by me and forever loved by both of us! I hope someday I get the opportunity to embrace this lovely woman, either here on earth or in heaven. I desire to thank her for giving us the greatest blessing imaginable! The gift of our daughter. For that we will be forever grateful!!! 




            Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. 
                                                           Psalm 127:3


26 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment