Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.

Psalm 68:5-6

Thursday, May 3, 2012

LOVE Her Sweet Face!

Esther's Uncle Barry went to KKO to visit his son, Jean Marie, a couple weeks ago. He spent much time with Esther while he was there. He said that she was doing well... healthy and happy:) We were thankful that he loved on her and was able to bring her some new shoes and a few other special treats. We skyped with her a few times and got a few pictures. LOVE her sweet face!

beautiful eyes!

say what?!?!

so thankful that her tummy is filled each day!

I remember trying to teach her to use a spoon a little over a year ago.... looks like she's mastered the skill now:)
We're still waiting to exit IBESR... nothing has changed since July. No news has become the norm these days. We still hold on to a glimmer of hope that maybe today will be the day we will hear some good news... but we certainly don't hold our breath! I want Esther home with us more than just about anything I have ever wanted before in my life. 2 years ago I would have assured you, that if you had asked me to go thru this process knowing all that it would entail, I would surely have gone crazy. There will always be an empty space in my heart and at the dinner table until the day our little girl walks through our front door but by the grace of God I am learning to be patient and trust that He holds Esther in the palm of His hand. At first I was struggling to control any little aspect of the adoption process. I somehow thought that if I could gain control of even the smallest thing that I could "help" God move this thing along. I soon realized that this wasn't the case. It didn't really matter what I was struggling to get control of. The reality of the situation was that I was not in control and God was. I finally let go... not to say that I never try and grasp onto something from time to time... because I do. But God is definitely teaching me that He is in control and I am not. He loves Esther more than I do. I am comforted when I remember that truth. I can't imagine anyone loving her more than I do... so to know that God does is a truly amazing truth!

IBESR (Haitian Social Services) has offically closed down for 3 months. They are not accepting new dossiers at this time. They will be closed until the end of July. They are supposably restructuring their system in hopes to move paperwork along a bit faster. It has been said that they are going to clear out the dossiers that are currently there before accepting any new ones. Hopefully this means that we will hear some good news in the next several weeks. Please pray that the president signs our dossier and we are able to move forward really soon. I am praying that Esther will be home for Christmas. Reality says that won't happen. It may not, but considering what my God can do... I don't think it will hurt to ask:)

3 comments:

  1. I am hoping for a "Christmas delivery" too, :)
    Nothing is impossible, right? Praying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you have been waiting in IBESR this long. We, too, had a very long wait in that office during the adoption process for our sons and it was truly the hardest part. Trusting God will throw open the doors very soon and bring your little one home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those photos. She is just such a cutie!

    I know what you mean about struggling with the control issue. I do too and have to keep reminding myself that I need to, "Let Go, Let God".

    ReplyDelete