Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.

Psalm 68:5-6

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Created With Love

It's a wonderful feeling to know how much my family loves Esther. They simply cannot wait for her to come home! She is already such a special part of our family. This makes my heart smile:) I want to share some of the things Esther's grandparents have made for her. Oh how that little girl is loved!!!

                                              The adorable dresses 
                                        Mimi (my mom) made for Esther.







Granmum & Mimi made these yarn dolls for every child in the orphanage.  My mom's friend, Sue, made each doll a blanket & pillow. We took them with us to Haiti in March. Each child chose their very own. What a beautiful sight that was! These 2 were left behind for Esther and Gavin.   




                       My mom made these to go over each of their beds….
                                                    I just love them!





                       Grandad made this furniture and Granmum painted it.
                                                  It’s so special to me. 
                        My children are so blessed to have great grandparents
                                                  that love them so! 



                                                     I see many tea parties in our future:)





                          My mom made the mattress, blanket and pillow in the cradle for
                                 Esther’s baby doll. It matches Esther's blanket that she
                                                        also made for her crib.                                  



                                                 Mimi took the poem “Kisses in the Wind” 
                                           and made this beautiful piece to hang on her wall. 


                                               Each and every gift created with love...

2 comments:

  1. Your mom is quite crafty! Maybe she could give me sewing lessons so that my sewing machine can be more that just a really large paperweight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She just made Gavin's Halloween costume... she's really good:) My sewing machine tends to collect lots of dust as well!

    ReplyDelete