Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.

Psalm 68:5-6

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Paper Pregnant

I thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant with Gavin... a few small irritants but for the most part it was smooth sailing! On another note... being "paper pregnant" while waiting for Esther to join our family is not so fun. For one thing there is no count down... we have no idea when she will come home. There seems to be no rush in Haiti. Drives me crazy! Obviously God's timing is perfect. I'm not doubting that but I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed the wait. At least with Gavin I knew that he would be popping out in roughly 9 months... AND THERE WAS NO PAPERWORK!

We started our home study paperwork the 1st of November 2010 and FINALLY finished our dossier (all the required adoption documents to send to Haiti) in March 2011. It seemed to take forever! I literally worked on adoption paperwork morning, noon and night. Every time Gavin would sleep I would plug away at yet another piece. I know my entire family was relieved when we closed the door to that chapter of our lives. There is still more paper work to come but I do believe that was the worst of it!

I remember looking at our completed dossiers... what a good feeling! If you've never done one you probably think I'm crazy but if you have I need not say more:) Sending things to Haiti is very expensive so our goal was to bring the final product with us when we traveled to Haiti to meet our daughter for the first time at the end of March. By the grace of God we accomplished our goal and delivered our dossiers on March 24th! Praise the Lord:) We've been told that our adoption process could take anywhere from 9-25 months from the time we turn in our dossier. It's been 6 1/2 months so far... not that we're counting or anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment