Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.

Psalm 68:5-6

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tiny Miracle

I was getting ready to go on a date with my husband... celebrating my 26th birthday! Thought I would quickly check my e-mail before Gavin woke from his nap. I saw there was a message from Pastor Rigaud. He is the Pastor that runs Kingdom of Kids Orphanage in Haiti. This was the orphanage that we were hoping to adopt our daughter from. I clicked on it and this is what I read...

Praise God. God has brought to me the girl that you have been praying for, week ago. Her name is Esther. She is one year old.

My hands were shaking, I was speechless. I started crying. I had no idea what to do next... kind of like when I found out I was pregnant with Gavin. I was so excited. Gavin was asleep. Dana was at work... I called him anyway! I called Mom. I called Dad. I called Missy. I called Granmum. I wanted to shout from the roof top... I wanted everyone to know... God had blessed us with a baby girl:) I didn't know what she looked like. I didn't know anything about her at all. I knew her name was Esther and that she was 1 year old. And I knew she was our daughter.

A short time later we received another e-mail from Pastor Rigaud.


Her mother and I have named her Esther.  Her dated of birth is December 3rd. She is a precious gift of God. 


God had an amazing way of confirming that this was indeed part of His perfect plan. Her birthday was December 3rd... really? It was December 4th. We were about to go on a date to celebrate my birthday... a day late. I now share my birthday with my daughter... how awesome is that??? A tiny miracle!

The next day we received a picture of the most precious baby girl we had ever seen... our baby girl:)


                                                                And she was beautiful!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment