Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.

Psalm 68:5-6

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ready or not... here we go!!!

I had great intentions on starting this blog many months ago. I hoped to journal about our adoption journey. Well, we're now several months into the adoption process and here I am. Finally finding a few precious moments to try and figure out where to begin.   

God put the desire in my heart to adopt many many years ago. God put the desire to adopt in my husband, Dana's, heart last year... praise Jesus!!! Ready or not... here we go:) I am "Mommy" to two little ones. Gavin turned 2 in July. He is a joy! Love love love that little boy:) Our lives were forever changed when God entrusted such a precious gift to us. Esther will turn 2 in December. Esther lives in Haiti. So has a part of my heart. She is a sweet sweet angel. What a wonderful blessing from the Lord! Oh how I long for the day when I can be "Mommy" to her in a very real way. 

We began our adoption journey on November 1st 2010. We're quickly approaching the 1 year mark... some days it feels like it's been an eternity! So much has changed in our lives since last year at this time. I wish I had been more diligent and started blogging then but I didn't. I suppose life will still go on. And on that note, Gavin is waking from a nap... 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment